Marketing Director, Early Intervention Market Access - Johnson & Johnson (Raynham, Massachusetts)
Mitek Sports Medicine, part of the DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Marketing Director, Early Intervention Market Access located in Raynham, MA, New Brunswick, NJ, New York, NY, Horsham, PA, Titusville, PA or Somerville, NJ
DePuy Synthes Mitek is the Sports Medicine business offering orthopaedic sports medicine products, soft tissue repair devices, joint movement solutions and minimally invasive and arthroscopic solutions.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization with a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive healthcare solutions.
Early intervention (EI) is the fastest growing platform in DePuy Synthesâ North America portfolio and is comprised of buy-and-bill biologics as well novel non-surgical solutions in the space of sports medicine and osteoarthritis. With a dedicated sales team and entrepreneurial spirit, the EI team has developed a high-reaching and results oriented culture and is seeking to add leaders that are self-starters, motivated to win and projectable to assume increasing responsibility within the organization. This team fits into the broader Sports Medicine platform which is part of the North America DePuy Organization of Johnson and Johnson.
The Marketing Director will own the comprehensive market access strategy which will include but not limited to payor value proposition, pricing & contracting strategy, development and execution of platform advocacy/policy strategy, direct oversight of field payor team and their deployment as well supplying the real-world evidence generation agenda. This is a meaningful role that will sit on the US sports medicine leadership team and will be responsible for translating customer and market insights into measurable strategies and tactics that drive market access with national, regional and state level payors. The role will be responsible for the securing, maintaining and protecting market access across the US. The position will also be responsible for integration of real world evidence brand and must work closely with medical affairs and health economics. Additionally, collaboration with field, finance and pricing teams will be critical as the market access director leads the pricing and contracting strategy for the platform. The position will lead field payor team responsible for calling on national and regional payors and the candidate will be responsible for staffing, training, deploying and developing the team members. The primary responsibilities of the Marketing Director will include effective leadership of all elements of market access strategy including but not limited to:
- Leading the comprehensive development of the platform value proposition
- Collaborate with the health economics team to develop and pull through a comprehensive real-world evidence generation agenda
- Partner with finance team and other business partners to develop and pull through pricing strategy
- Lead a field based team responsible for directly calling on and handling national and regional payors to secure and maintain market access. Depending on criticality of payors and business dynamics, the market access leader may have direct responsibility for national level payors.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive advocacy/policy strategy
- Build payor collateral for field payor team and pull through for sales organization
- Leadership of external partners (agencies and vendors) to develop strategy and tactics and educating/activating internal and external partners to work toward crafting positive market access positions across North America.
- Implement creative marketing programs including KOL development and publications
- Develop direct reports and support team members to ensure they appropriately prioritize across partners to improve opportunities, share customer insights, and aid the in obtaining and allocating resources
- Contribute to and lead annual brand planning and resource allocation in conjunction with other market leaders
The Marketing Director will be expected to demonstrate strong financial, business, leadership and market access acumen to effectively collaborate with a multitude of partners including but not limited to health economics, Payor Teams across J&J sectors, the broader marketing team, pricing, sales, finance, medical affairs, global marketing, government affairs, contracting as well as sit on the Sports Medicine US Leadership Team. He/she is expected to maintain and lead national, regional and state level market access and optimize the platformâs position to maximize sales performance. Additionally, this individual will ensure that their direct reports are partnering with local teams (within DePuy and Cross Sector) to understand and address access issues associated with public and private sector health plans and directly assist with key payors as needed. Finally, the Leader will ensure appropriate, timely business/policy/procedure communications to the field and internal partners on their own behalf and ensure the team is doing the same.
- A Bachelorâs Degree is required
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- Ten (10) years dynamic business experience in Marketing AND/OR Sales/Sales Management is required
- Three (3) yearsâ experience in Market Access is required
- Five (5) years of direct people management experience is required
- Experience in the Commercial Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device industry is preferred
- Previous experience having direct responsibility and oversight of payor contracting and pricing strategy is preferred
- Prior experience developing or executing policy and advocacy strategies is preferred
- Experience with policy development, government affairs, advocacy management, sales, marketing or account management experience is preferred
- Proven managed markets/customer segment and pricing knowledge, inclusive of all major payer and commercial channels (buy-and-bill, MCOs/PBMs, retail pharmacy and wholesale distributors, Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DOD), as well as a proven understanding of pharmacy and medical benefit plan designs is required
- Experience leading a cross functional as well as directly responsible for external-facing team, managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively leading and developing direct reports is required
This position can be located in Raynham, MA, New Brunswick, NJ, New York, NY, Horsham, PA, Titusville, PA or Somerville, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1042180124&lang=en
• Post ID: 56237037 southcoast