Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 9:10 PM
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This is an entry level engineering position. The successful candidate will actively work on orthopaedic, spine and sports medicine instrumentation new product development projects. This candidate will serve as one of the manufacturing engineering representative on project core teams, and must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. As a member of these cross-functional project teams, this individual will work closely with representatives from marketing, R&D, purchasing, and quality engineering, as well as our external strategic suppliers. Excellent interpersonal skills along with strong analytical and problems solving skills, are essential.
As part of this position, this individual will be responsible for leading the manufacturing development on his/her assigned instruments, including working with supplier quality and purchasing on the qualification and delivery of these instruments.
Major responsibilities include:
- Supervise a team of Toolmakers
- Be an active member of the project core teams.
- Brainstorm instrument design concepts with GDC teammates and internal NPD teams.
- Perform design reviews and provide design for manufacturability and instrument cost feedback to NPD teams.
- Work with in-house GDC toolmakers as well as vendors to develop prototypes for cadaver sessions and instruments for surgical evaluations.
- Participate in internal cadaver sessions as needed.
- Research current and emerging technologies to identify potential lower cost manufacturing processes, utilizing six sigma and lean methodologies and knowledge where applicable.
- Identify and implement methods to effectively streamline and optimize our NPD process.
- Perform project planning, developing timelines and identifying key milestones.
- Actively participant in pre-production and regular meetings that purchasing holds with vendors, visiting suppliersâ facilities as needed.
- Work closely with supplier quality and R&D on identifying and qualifying the vendors on critical to function and quality dimensions as well as performing process capability, COV, and GR&R studies.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies in regard to all safety, QSR and environmental issues.
- A minimum of a bachelorâs degree in Bio Medical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering is required
- Experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of lean and six sigma methodologies is preferred
- Basic understanding of geometric tolerance and blue print understanding is required
- Being hands on and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Various platforms of Microsoft office is required
- This is a first shift position but must have the ability to support all shifts is required
- Must be available to travel up to 10% domestically is required
- Familiarity with shop floor management systems specifically E2 is preferred
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2255180130&lang=en
• Location: South Coast
• Post ID: 56236832 southcoast